Over the past two years Tom Kelly has undertaken two sponsored walks, from his home in Tallaght to Killarney and from Malin Head to Mizen Head. He took on the challenges in memory of his daughter Leah who passed away in 2013 having battled with Ependymoma, a rare form of cancer.
In this section
How to organise an event
Organising an event in memory of a loved one who has passed away is a lovely way to keep the memory of that person alive.
By supporting Barretstown in memory of a loved one, you are helping Barretstown to bring more children whose lives have been affected by serious childhood illness, and their families, to camp.
Our camps and programmes have a profound effect and lasting impact on our campers and their families. After participating, children go home with increased confidence, self-esteem and more importantly the reassurance that happiness is not just for healthy children. Barretstown needs to raise over €7 million a year to run our programmes, 98% of which comes from voluntary contributions from generous individuals and companies. We receive a small grant from the HSE which accounts for the remaining 2%.